Historic monuments, museums

Reformed round-temple

The designer of the Reformed temple was probably József Zwenger, who made the designs for Miklós Keglevich's assigment. The contractor was Ferenc Povoloni, an architect from Eger.The building of the classical round temple placed in the beautifull surrounding of a hill, was finished in 1826. According to other sources, it was designed by József Hild, and was built between 1837-1845.

Appointments:

  • barrel shaped builted stone pulpit
  • classical wooden benches, made from oak
  • 2 piece of clerical chair (stallum), carved out of oak
  • neorenaissance, three itemed, partly golden organ
  • oktagonal, carved, oak, loard's table

The most important equipments of the church:

  • Holy communion chalice from gilded silver. A present from Miklós Keglevich. A masterpiece of József Szentpéteri from 1811.
  • Tin wine-can, a work of János Salczer, a goldsmith from Miskolc
  • Tin bread-giving plate from the middle of 19'th century, and another from 18'th century
  • Lord's-table cloath on red baize fund, silver embroided background, with colored wool embridery, made by count Gábor Keglevich's wife in 1843.

Belfry

It was made in the first half of the 19'th century partly from wood. The wooden structure followes the traditional structure of Hungarian wood-temples.

Pallavicini manor

FA building standing in a scenic open place. It was built by Miklós Ybl around 1860, useing some parts from the 18'th century structure. Nowdays it operates as a hotel.

Orbán-house

The house was built around 1880 by Mihály Orbán, for himself and his sons. In 1896 it was modernalised, than between 1978 and 1982, the Heves-county Museum Directory restored it as a monument. The touristical role of the village, and the qualities of the house offered a place for an exhibition. In the six rooms of the exhibition next to the prehistoric fossils, collections representing the folk life and history, got place.

Castle of Éleskő

It was founded by the Miskolc nation in unknown times. Later it became the property of the Széchy family, than the crown lordship of Diósgyőr. It stood above Szalajka-valley in a 638 meters hight, and protected the road leading from Eger. With time, it was raunched so much, that the size, and the plan is unknown.

Castle of Gerenna

A pagan, than in Great Lajos time a hunting castle. It is totally demolished.

A prefered final terminal of byke-tours. A scenic view lays infront of the visitor.

Middle-age Prison-museum and Wax-works

The interesting exhibition was made with the cooperation af museums, sculptors and costume designers, useing the written and material souvenirs of Felvidék, Kassa, Debrecen and Eger from the Middle Age. It displays the punishment- executive customs with rich objective materials and spectacular wax-work sceeneries. The museum can be found in a building next to the bus stop, in the center.

About Szilvásvárad

Weather forecast

Schedules